2015 Latino Health Equity Conference
Thursday, June 18, 2015
Portland State University
2015 LHEC Theme: "Equity in the Era of Healthcare Reform"
2015 LHEC Call for Abstracts
Abstracts were due on October 31st and we are no longer accepting submissions.
Participants are welcome to submit abstracts for workshop and poster presentations in the following:
- Latinos and Healthcare Reform
- Policies for Community Health
- Traditional Health Workers/Patient Navigators/Community Health Workers
- Culturally Relevant Health Promotion
- Cultural Competence in Care
- Patient-Centered Models for Care/Medical Home
- Culturally Relevant Integration of Behavioral Health and Primary Care Services
- Best practices for Chronic Disease Prevention and Management
- Maternal and Child Health
Special Interest Topics for This Year Includes:
- Developmental Determinants of Health and Disease
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Palliative Care for All Ages
- Culturally Specific Elder Care
Instructions for Abstract Submission:
Abstracts must be submitted in English. Titles should be concise and describe the presented work, written in 12-point font (Times New Roman) in bold. Author's names, affiliations and text should be written in 12-point font (Times New Roman) single-spaced. Author's information should include full names of the authors' and affiliations annotated by superscript numbers. Abstracts submitted for presentation will be used in final printed materials for the conference.
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words. Illustrations, figures, tables, or graphs will not be accepted and will not appear in print. The text should not include abbreviations and structural parts should summarize the main results and conclusions of the work:
- Learning Objectives
The LHEC Advisory Council reserves the right to accept or refuse an abstract and to designate suitable sessions for the abstract. The abstracts will be reviewed and the authors will be notified by email by November 15, 2014.